You may also be interested in an overview of our broad research themes, currently-active research, and the people that made this work possible.
Interested in student-researcher opportunities? Apply now!
Links to detailed analytics (e.g. citations) can be found below.
Underlined authors were undergraduates when their contributions were made to the work.
- Dieni CA, MacCormack TJ. 2022. Cardiorespitatory toxicity of nanoparticles in aquatic environments. In: Toxicology of nanoparticles and nanomaterials in human, terrestrial, and aquatic systems. Hoboken: John Wiley & Sons, 213-235. Link
- Knezevic S, Ghafoor A, Mehri S, Barazi A, Dziura M, Trant JF, Dieni CA. 2021. Catechin and other catechol-containing secondary metabolites: Bacterial biotransformation and regulation of carbohydrate metabolism. PharmaNutrition 17: 100273. Link | FREE PDF for first 50 days
- MacCormack TJ, Meli MV, Ede JD, Ong KJ, Rourke JL, Dieni CA. 2021. Commentary: Revisiting nanoparticle-assay interference: There’s still plenty of room at the bottom for misinterpretation. Comp Biochem Physiol Biochem Mol Biol 255: 110601. Link | FREE PDF for first 50 days
- Gormley PT, Callaghan NI, MacCormack TJ, Dieni CA. 2016. Assessment of the toxic potential of engineered metal oxide nanomaterials using an acellular model: citrated rat blood plasma. Toxicol Mech Meth 26: 601-610 . Link | 50 FREE PDFs available
- Callaghan NI, Allen GJP, Robart TE, Dieni CA, MacCormack TJ. 2016. Zinc oxide nanoparticles trigger cardiorespiratory stress and reduce aerobic scope in the white sucker, Catostomus commersonii. NanoImpact 2: 29-37. Link | FREE PDF available for remainder of 2016
- Rundle A, Robertson AB, Blay AM, Callaghan NI, Dieni CA, MacCormack TJ. 2016. Cerium oxide nanoparticles exhibit minimal cardiac and cytotoxicity in the freshwater fish Catostomus commersonii. Comp Biochem Physiol Toxicol Pharmacol 181-182: 19-26. Link
- Bessemer RA, Butler KMA, Tunnah L, Callaghan NI, Rundle A, Currie S, Dieni CA, MacCormack TJ. 2015. Cardiorespiratory toxicity of environmentally relevant zinc oxide nanoparticles in the freshwater fish Catostomus commersonii. Nanotoxicology 9: 861-870. Link
- Dieni CA, Storey KB. 2014. Protein kinase C in the wood frog, Rana sylvatica: reassessing the tissue-specific regulation of PKC isozymes during freezing. PeerJ 2: e558. Link | FREE PDF available (Open Access journal)
- Dieni CA, Callaghan NI, Gormley PT, Butler KMA, MacCormack TJ. 2014. Physiological hepatic response to zinc oxide nanoparticle exposure in the white sucker, Catostomus commersonii. Comp Biochem Physiol Toxicol Pharmacol 162: 51-61. Link
- Dieni CA, Stone CJL, Armstrong ML, Callaghan NI, MacCormack TJ. 2013. Spherical gold nanoparticles impede the function of bovine serum albumin in vitro: a new consideration for studies in nanotoxicology. J Nanomater Mol Nanotechnol 2: 6 Link | FREE PDF available (Open Access option)
- Sulemankhil I, Ganopolsky JG, Dieni CA, Dan AF, Jones ML, Prakash S. 2012. Prevention and treatment of virulent bacterial biofilms with an enzymatic nitric oxide-releasing dressing. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56: 6095-6103. Link | FREE PDF available
- Abnous K,* Dieni CA,* Storey KB. 2012. Suppression of MAPKAPK2 during mammalian hibernation. Cryobiology. 65: 235-241. *Equal contribution by first two authors. Link
- Dieni CA, Bouffard MC, Storey KB. 2012. Glycogen synthase kinase-3: cryoprotection and glycogen metabolism in the freeze-tolerant wood frog. J Exp Biol 215: 543-551. Link | FREE PDF available
- Dieni CA, Storey KB. 2011. Regulation of hexokinase by reversible phosphorylation in skeletal muscle of a freeze-tolerant frog. Comp Biochem Physiol Biochem Mol Biol 159: 236-243. Link
- Dieni CA, Storey KB. 2010. Regulation of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase by reversible phosphorylation in liver of a freeze tolerant frog. J Comp Physiol B Biochem Syst Environ Physiol 180: 1133-1142. Link
- Dieni CA, Storey KB. 2009. Creatine kinase regulation by reversible phosphorylation in frog muscle§. Comp Biochem Physiol Biochem Mol Biol 152: 405-412. Link §Ranked #19 of 25 amongst the SciVerse ScienceDirect “Top 25 Hottest Articles” in Comp Biochem Physiol Biochem Mol Biol from January to March 2009.
- Dieni CA, Storey KB. 2008. Regulation of 5’-adenosine monophosphate deaminase in the freeze tolerant wood frog, Rana sylvatica†. BMC Biochem. 9: 12. Link | FREE PDF available (Open Access journal)†Featured article on the front page of the BMC Biochem website; holds a “highly accessed” designation.
- Abnous K, Dieni CA, Storey KB. 2008. Regulation of Akt during hibernation in Richardson’s ground squirrels. Biochim Biophys Acta 1780: 185-193. Link
- Dieni CA, Storey KB. 2014. Protein kinase C in the wood frog, Rana sylvatica: reassessing the tissue-specific regulation of PKC isozymes during freezing. PeerJ PrePrints 2: e391v1. Link | FREE PDF available (Open Access journal)
Published meeting abstracts
- Abnous K, Dieni CA, Storey KB. 2007. Regulation of AKT in Richardson’s ground squirrels during hibernation. FASEB J 21: lb125. Link
- Dieni CA. 2008. Enzyme regulation in freeze-tolerance. Ph.D. thesis, Carleton University.
More detailed analytics are available at: